Saturday, December 23, 2017

Extra Time on My Hands? At Christmas?

Sooooooo, I got all the wrapping done (I thought) and was waiting on marvelous things to come out of the oven, when what came over me?  A desire to have a new Christmas tablecloth and matching napkins!  Happily, the sewing table was still open and I have a silly amount of Christmas fabric stashed.  Up pops the ironing board and down I sat to enjoy a quick run with my friendly Viking.

Wow, this fabric had been folded up for a long time! I had to starch, heavily, to get the creases out of it.

I love the little holly leaves!

If you look closely,
 you can see that I'm a semi-practitioner of free-sewing (pins are for cowards...LOL), it's kind of like free-running, but easier on the knees and a lot less tiring! 

Now I have some poinsettia fabric laid out on the table, just waiting for a vision of what it wants to become.  It fell out of the rack when I was trying to straighten up, so that is a sign that I must figure out something to do with it, because I will never get it shoved back on the shelf.

Merry Christmas!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment